WELCOME TO THE
RIVERSIDE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
Riverside School District Business Administrator Jodi Lennon (center) is presented with the New Jersey Association of School Business Officials (NJASBO) Distinguished Service Award by NJASBO Executive Director John F. Donahue (right) and 2014-15 President Frank Ceurvels. Lennon was one of six NJASBO Distinguished Service Award winners.
Interested candidates must file a petition by Monday, July 27, 2015 at 4pm with the Burlington County Clerk. For your convenience the November School Board Petition can be found on the Burlington County Clerk Website, under “Election and Voter Services”. There is also information for “Prospective School Board Candidates”.
Click the link above and then select “Election and Voter Services”.
To become a member of a local board of education in New Jersey you must:
• Be able to read and write
• Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
• Be registered to vote in the district before filing the nominating petition
• Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
• Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
• Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
• Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Teachers of the Year
Congratulations to our teachers of the year: Cheryl Hansberry, Elementary School, Robert Knapp, Middle School and Tara Stellwag, High School
In cooperation with students, families and the community, the mission of the Riverside Township Public Schools is to provide outstanding educational experiences, aligned with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and the Common Core State Standards, in a safe and caring learning environment. Through these experiences, and together with a variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs, it is the District's goal to prepare all of its students to be responsible citizens capable of reaching their full potential.
All visitors to our schools will be required to provide identification upon entering our buildings. Please be sure to check in at Main Entrances and sign in. You will be required to leave your identification at the desk. Your identification will be returned to you upon sign out. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Riverside Township School District has adopted the Danielson Teacher Evaluation Model and the Marshall Principal Evaluation model.
We are “Committed to Excellence”, and we work hard to make this website a primary source for timely information for all users, and a main gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.